"In eight years the military commissions ... put three people on trial. ... Meanwhile, the federal courts, our Article III, regular legal court system, has put dozens of terrorists in jail. ... The suggestion that somehow a military commission is the way to go isn't borne out."
Colin Powell, former Secretary of State
In-Depth Issues Guides
In-depth issue guides allow you to learn the details of major issues and court cases.
- Arizona Free Enterprise Club v. Bennett, a 2011 Supreme Court case on public financing that could undermine judicial election systems in four states.
- Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the 2009-10 Supreme Court case about corporate election spending.
- Caperton v. Massey, the landmark 2009 Supreme Court recusal case.
- Wisconsin Right to Life v. Brennan, a 2011 case on public financing for state judicial elections.
- The Supreme Court and the Constitutionality of Campaign Finance Law
- Voter guidance for retention elections.